Saturday, November 4, 2017

The End of An Era

Everything, as it happens, comes with an expiry date. That's the good and bad of it - there's great comfort and disillusionment, silently bundled in that thought. Adding perspective as it creeps up on you. Adding the pregnant pause. Adding, the much needed reality check to the rose tinted veneer.

Reality. Checked.

Goodbye, you. You've stood a witness to my nuances, as they have evolved over time tide. You have been my solace and my serenade, of eras lived and loved.

You, have been me.

Here's me bidding you goodbye, for my nuances are no longer nascent. They have unfurled, emitted fermented, and now finally rotted - with and often through you, drafts, inboxes et al.
You have borne a witness to the cocoon and the butterfly - and that's a strange comfort - knowing where one comes from. Identity, is a new challenge now. A new shore, for which we need newer masts.

So well then, Ahoy, you! Thank you for helping me be, the then-me. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment